If you don’t mind sharing with the other members of your cohort, copy and paste the questions below into a new “Post” in your ePortfolio/blog. Use the category aad610_14 – this will allow me to syndicate your blog to this one. We need to do this anyway.
Or, if you don’t want to share your info with cohort members, open your mail client and email me your responses to the following questions.
If there is time during class tonight to do this survey, great, otherwise please complete this before the next class. THANKS!
Since I missed meeting everyone at the orientation, this is one means to get a baseline on who you are, where you’ve come from (geographically, I’ll get to know the other stuff over the term), knowledge and applied skills regarding technology, graphic design, information design and presentation, and anything else you feel is relevant to let me know.
1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.
2. Area of concentration in AAD?
3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:
- Computer platform you use (Mac, PC, Linux, other)
- Smart phones, tablets, other hand held/smart devices
- Digital Cameras, Video, Audio devices
- Peripherals – printers, scanners, other necessary and/or cool gadgets
4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.
5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?
6. Know anything about typography?
7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.
8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.
9. Tell me something unique about yourself.
10. Anything else?